Passion: Painting outdoors in all the different times of the year and seasons around New England.
Dave paints in the tradition of the Boston School of Landscape painters.
Dave has been a lifelong New Englander with roots in Maine and having lived in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Although Dave came from an artistic family, he pursued a career as a financial adviser. Nonetheless, he continued to sketch and paint. In 2008 Dave made the decision to transition from a successful career as a financial advisor to a career as a full-time painter.
Dave studied studio painting at the New Hampshire Institute of Art in Manchester NH.
Dave studied with Stapleton Kearns and David Curtis in workshops and with Thomas R Dunlay in workshops and privately at the Thomas R Dunlay teaching studios.
* Selected as Artist-In-Residence at the Whistler House Museum of Art, 2015, 2016
* Juried Artist member at the North Shore Arts Association, Gloucester MA, 2016
* Accepted into the Copley Society of Art, Boston MA, 2017
* Juried Artist member of the Rockport Art Association & Museum, 2019
* Selected as a featured artist for the 2020 and 2021 Cape Ann Plein-Air Festival
* Dave’s works are owned by individual collectors as well as institutions such as Lowell City Hall, Enterprise Bank, Boston Partners Financial Group, Lahey Clinic, Lowell Community Health Center, MKtix Company and Toast Vodka Corporation among others.
* Exhibited: The Guild of Boston Artist, Boston MA; Bristol Art Museum, Bristol RI; Massachusetts State House, Boston MA; Whistler House Museum of Art, Lowell MA; Andover Historical Society, Andover MA and the New Hampshire Institute of Art, Manchester NH among others.
*Dave maintains a north light studio at the Western Ave Studios, #512 in Lowell Massachusetts.